Disclaimer: we aren't professionals

Thanks for reading our silly little blog! As the disclaimer says, we aren't professionals in either blogging or house stuff, but we try. This is mostly to let our friends and family know what we've destroyed so far in the house. We post irregularly and usually forget to take pictures, so thanks for your patience, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts and suggestions!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Pictures of very poor quality

In my hunt for pictures, which was limited to my desktop at work, my external hard drive, and my cell phone (I don't have the cord to connect my camera to my computer), I found these. They are all from my cell phone, so I apologize for the quality and randomness of them.

In honor of Towel Day, May 25, I baked a rhubarb pie that reads "Don't Panic!" and has a towel next to it. Yes, I am a dork. But I am a dork that can make pie crust from scratch!  

One of the Ikea options for a buffet-like storage system for the kitchen. It's probably not going to work out.

This is a print I saw in Target that I think is cute and that I could totally reproduce myself (using the fancy GT library printers) without paying $20. 

I finally finished the cover for my Roomba, whose name is Goomba. Here he is in action at work:


The backyard! I loooooooove the hammock that Chris' dad got me for my birthday last year. We grill, we play with the puppy, and in the background you can see where Chris burns stuff (like trees that he cuts down - I have a video somewhere of the chainsaw in action) and you can also see his teeter for mountain biking and dog trick training.

At the Dogwood Festival, I got four little dogwood saplings for $10. It supports the Friends of Piedmont Park, and we need trees anyway. One has died, but one has lots of fresh little leaves, and the other two are still green and growing leaf buds. I hope they'll survive! They're all in their own planters, too, until we can put them in the ground. 

Hula is a typical cat. "Clean laundry? Now it's hairy laundry. You're welcome."

I took this after the guys did the first coat of stain. Omigosh it's so pretty! 

Here's after the first coat of poly. We'll have to get some pics of it now. It's not quite as shiny (because this was taken when it was wet, and they actually used a satin finish topcoat instead of gloss because the floors in the rest of the house do not have a gloss finish)

Again, I apologize for the quality of the pictures, and I promise that we'll round up some more this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment