Disclaimer: we aren't professionals

Thanks for reading our silly little blog! As the disclaimer says, we aren't professionals in either blogging or house stuff, but we try. This is mostly to let our friends and family know what we've destroyed so far in the house. We post irregularly and usually forget to take pictures, so thanks for your patience, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts and suggestions!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Tiling Pictures to Accompany Annie’s Tile Laying Experience

IMG_1722

Annie finally got me to stop dragging my feet this weekend by offering to set the tile for me if I would take care of cutting, mixing thin set and cleaning up at the end. To me it sounded like a pretty good deal. I showed Annie how I typically set my tile, although she preferred placing the thin set on the tile rather than the floor. All in all, she did a great job, getting better as she progressed. It turned out a bit more uneven than my meticulous and time consuming handiwork, but the lines are straight and the grout will hide it all anyway =) Good job!

IMG_1728IMG_1730

IMG_1724

I’ll post a final picture after I have spent the week using the grout saw to get the thin set out of the grout lines and grouting the tile. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment