Disclaimer: we aren't professionals

Thanks for reading our silly little blog! As the disclaimer says, we aren't professionals in either blogging or house stuff, but we try. This is mostly to let our friends and family know what we've destroyed so far in the house. We post irregularly and usually forget to take pictures, so thanks for your patience, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts and suggestions!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sofa switch! Sectional soon!



After visiting IKEA and talking with their sofa people and calling their customer service thing, I had to accept that there was no way I was getting the sectional while keeping my old sofa. Apparently, you can't just buy the loveseat and corner piece. There is *apparently* something different about the sofa and how it attaches, and so in order to get this
I had to get rid of this
by selling it on Craigslist. And heck, while I'm at it, why don't I also sell these?
They're just sitting in the bedroom gathering dust and taking up space, and we need to start thinking about making that bedroom an actual bedroom instead of just storage. 

So I listed them yesterday morning, and by last night the couch was gone. I had an offer for the loveseat, but the lady cancelled at the last minute. Nothing yet on the chair, alas. 

As of now, I have another offer for the loveseat, so if I can deliver that tonight for the price I'm asking, we'll have gotten $350 for that stuff to put towards the new sectional. 
I'm also selling my old PS2 and games (Guitar Hero, DDR) and Chris is selling his 27 action/violence/racing games, and it looks like we could sell those tomorrow. Yay! 

Of course, this means that we now have no sofa, and will probably need to buy the sectional soon. I'm totally ok with that. Actually, I am very excited. It will force us to once again rearrange the living room and keep moving it closer to an ideal hang-out space. I also need to get a rug for the dining table and maybe order the kitchen chairs so they can be used until we buy real dining room chairs. Yay =)




No comments:

Post a Comment