And then... I found it again! It was at Home Decorators Collection, which is actually a subsidiary of Home Depot, but it said it wasn't available until March. This was in October or something that I was looking, and March seemed very far away. But I kept checking back, and after Christmas, all of a sudden IT WAS AVAILABLE! So I promptly ordered it and anxiously awaited Chris calling me to tell me it arrived.
Here are the reasons why this rug was perfect:
- It is 100% wool. I guess I have nothing against synthetic fibers, but I didn't like the Target rug we had purchased at first, just to get something on the floor.
- It is a great neutral color scheme without being boring beige
- It has a floral print, but in a large-scale, modern graphic
- The pile is pretty low, but is super-soft and cushy
- The price for the 8x10 was a little higher than I wanted, but still totally reasonable for a quality rug that I expect to last for a long time
We shoved all the living room furniture out of the way and unrolled it:
I made sure it was soft enough...