Disclaimer: we aren't professionals

Thanks for reading our silly little blog! As the disclaimer says, we aren't professionals in either blogging or house stuff, but we try. This is mostly to let our friends and family know what we've destroyed so far in the house. We post irregularly and usually forget to take pictures, so thanks for your patience, and please feel free to comment with your thoughts and suggestions!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Quick update

Since those older photos, we've:

- Finished fitting the cabinets except for the one over the fridge
- Primed and begun painting the walls
- Installed crown molding around the room (still have to do the cabinet tops)
- Built out a panel to cover the end of the dishwasher
- Begun tiling the floor
- Ordered the tile backsplash (should get here tomorrow)
- Ordered the countertops (should get here within a week)
- Prepped all of the cabinet doors for painting with the sprayer (I need to make sure to get a photo of my kick-butt setup, courtesy of This Old House)
- Prepped the toe-kicks and veneer end panels as well

In the planter box,

- The beans have been producing, and we had some fresh green beans. Chris liked them! (shocker, since they're so different from canned beans)
- The zucchini have begun to flower, so some of them should start making veggies soon
- The two tomato plants on the end have grown a lot; the one next to the zucchini is shaded and so not doing as well
- My sunflowers are still alive, and I've staked them a little for more support. Hope they grow to be 10 feet tall!

On craigslist, I found someone who was willing to sell the glass top to their dining table for only $20! (perspective: the same piece of glass would cost $80-$100 new, plus another $75ish for shipping)
We now have a complete, huge, awesome coffee table for $9 (table) + $15 (paint) + $20 (glass) = $44. That's cheaper than my fake-wood Ikea one that is totally falling apart after 2 years. This one will be so much better. Also at a yard sale around the corner I got a wicker chest for $10. It will also be spray-painted probably, and maybe put in the bathroom or something.

I do have pictures, but they're still on my camera and it's bedtime for me so I'll get them later. I hope that when I go up to the house later this week, the tiling is further along and I can take more pictures of that. It looks really good so far, though. Also, I think Chris said he was getting internet Wednesday, so he can start pulling his weight again with this blog. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment